Are you shopping for a modern farmhouse kitchen cart? You have lots of options to choose from, and we’ve included 4 affordable ideas below to help you decide…
Option #1: The Windham Wood Top Kitchen Island
This cabinet/kitchen island/serving cart offers lots of possibilities when it comes to usage. Not to mention, you can add some rustic farmhouse style without renovating your entire kitchen.
1. Food Prep: First of all, this kitchen cart gives you a good amount of food prep space. Essentially, it provides more counter area to work on. That said, if you don’t want cut marks on the wood top, I suggest using a separate cutting board.
It also features a unique glass-panel door & 2 caster wheels (1 locking).
2. Extra Kitchen Storage: Second, this island on wheels offers a drawer, cabinet and shelves for additional kitchen storage. Plus, the separate compartments, help keep items well-organized and easy to find.
3. Mobile Serving Cart: Third, the mobility of this kitchen cart can transform it into an instant serving table wherever needed. Not to mention, the slatted wine rack and hanging glass holders make it ideal for entertaining and serving cocktails.
Specs for the Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Cart:
- Dimensions: 42″ Wide x 19″ Deep x 34″ Tall
- Weight: 91 lbs
- Material: Pine Wood
- Number of Shelves: 4
- Maximum Shelf Weight Capacity: 25 Pounds
- 2 Color Options: Shell or Grey
- Includes Caster Wheels
- Assembly Required (tools included)
- Item #: 249-04-2294
- Part of Windham Furniture Collection
- Brand: Threshold Furniture (a Target Brand)
- For Sale: Where to Buy the Kitchen Cart
Option #2: Finzer Farmhouse Kitchen Cart
Alternatively, Christopher Knight Home makes the Finzer Farmhouse Kitchen Cart that has similar dimensions but a slightly different layout for storage.
Both models have the farmhouse-style wood top, mobility with wheels and cost about the same. Therefore, the best kitchen cart really comes down to which color and style you prefer.
Option #3: Modern Farmhouse Island with Seating
Most mobile kitchen carts don’t offer a sit-up breakfast bar option. However, the Liberty Kitchen Cart features a fold down tabletop that does.
Therefore, you instantly double the usable countertop space on your island AND you get a table out of the deal. Keep in mind, though, that this unit measure 53″ Long (vs 42″) and therefore takes up more space.
Option #4: Industrial Farmhouse Kitchen Cart
On the other hand, you can go with a more open style wood and metal island cart. This one still has that modern farmhouse vibe, but the exposed metal frame gives it a more industrial feel.
Due to its taller open shelving design, this model will probably work better as a microwave cart. You could say the same for other small appliances as well.
Option #5: Better Homes & Gardens Farmhouse Style Cart
Lastly, BHG makes a multi-purpose farmhouse style cart with a concrete-looking top.
You can use it for food prep, additional kitchen storage and a mobile serving station. Plus, the slatted middle shelf allows this rolling kitchen island to hold wine bottles as well.
In other words, this kitchen island can double as a stylish drink cart for parties. Not to mention, you’ll probably get lots of comments on it simply due to its good looks. =)
Also see the Sonoma Barnwood Rolling Cart that has a unique weathered wire brushed finish.
If you like the rustic farmhouse wood finish of this furniture, go explore the entire Better Homes & Gardens modern farmhouse collection. You can find matching furniture like their storage bookcase with sliding barn door, electric fireplace credenza, rustic desks and more…